作者 earnest (大衛) 看板 TOEFL_iBT標題 [分享] 12/21 機經獨立寫作題想點分享
時間 Fri Dec 20 23:10:26 2013
題目：Agree or Disagree: The ads now are dishonest and it’s difficult for people to purchase items based on the ads.
（來源：J2 TOEFL 機經 20131221 版）
Agree (ads now are dishonest):
1) Companies can make big profits from dishonest ads. That is to say, companies would often exaggerate in their ads, to attract more consumers to purchase their products.
2) Companies would need to spend extra costs to renew their ads to make them always real. To be more specific, companies would have lower profit if they always change their ads, according to how their products have changed.
3) Companies face strong marketing competitions from similar businesses, so they would have to cheat a little on their ads, in order to make them stand out and get attention from the consumers. That means, companies often have to make their ads different, even though that might mean they're being dishonest.
Disagree (ads now are honest)
1) Companies are afraid of the government fines on dishonest ads. That is to say, in order to protect the consumers, nowadays a lot of governments have a big fines on dishonest ads, therefore companies tend to be more cautious with what they say on the ads.
2) Companies are scared to lose reputation which would result in less profit. To be more specific, thanks to the Internet, nowadays the ads are often examined by a lot of users, so the companies dare not to risk having dishonest ads as the consumers would easily find out.
3) Companies don't have time to deal with unsatisfied user complaints resulted from dishonest ads. That means, most consumers nowadays would go to the companies and ask for their rights, or money back, when they realize the products or services are not as described in the ads.